Saturday 4 May 2013

The Scent of Rome

There is something about Rome that cannot be put into words. It is like trying to describe all the things I love about my wife, yet were I to write them they would fall short of what I feel.
Rome is like A Siren calling .....when you stop what you are doing,you think of her.The famous buildings but the real Rome is like this street .It is a city where people live and love.Laugh and cry and make her what she is. The espresso, the bakeries .The smiling faces and the excited hand waving, the big heart and the beautiful people. Trying to describe Rome is like trying to say what your favorite color is in a mosaic.
One day I am back at the Colosseum, then the bridges and the senate square and ....and ... and.
It is the place,not where you can get lost ,but where you can lose yourself. Imagine Christmas in Rome,
I even sigh over street maps, and look at postcards and tourist books. If I had a wish that The Scent of Time and The Scent of Home could be translated into one language it would be Italian. Black Rose Writing my publisher does not do Italian yet . Yet I still cannot put it into words but often when I close my eyes and take a deep breath and smell coffee and perfume and the Scent of flowers it is the Scent of Rome. Arrive'derci

No comments:

Post a Comment