Saturday 27 April 2013

Rising to the Scent of Home

"My what a feeling to fly,over mountain and forest and trees
I can go anywhere that I please." Abba -Eagle.

How many of us in the midst of a gritty,tearful day,have looked up and watched an Eagle fly,glide soar over head .He catches a thermal and lets it do the work of lifting her high .The pigeon flaps,many times and never seems to get the distance. The hen flaps and never leaves the ground. The society we live in will pin us down,it doesn't like Eagles. She rises higher and higher and looks at the sun.

Thanks to Jesus ,one day we will soar up to be with God . Real freedom is the freedom to love and to love God who is love. Next time you feel trapped ,close your eyes and picture the Eagle soaring up high ,gliding past problems being where heshe was born to be.

In my new book 'The Scent of Home' Drew Faulkner is up to his neck in problems till he starts to look up and realizes for real only the Lord can help. Shifting his focus from the problem to the solution ,from the mud to the sky.
"..and I dream I'm an eagle and I dream I can spread my wings flying high.." God is still in the business of maKING dreams come true. Happy soaring.
 

1 comment:

  1. Always love your positive commentary, Alan, although usually I can't get my comments to 'take' on you posts.

    Congratulations on the nearly-released The Scent of Time! Can't wait to read it! What an anniversary gift for you and Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete