Monday 17 March 2014

Home Star State

With the years ticking away I have been thinking where I would like to live in America. One picture sticks in my mind .In 2006 I was driving back to the house in Texas where I was staying and it was the most marvellous sunset . As I drove I could almost feel the place wrap itself around me like a loving mother. Bandera was small but had a lot going on. I had not met Stephanie but felt at home here. I had eaten in the OST and loved the décor then the food. The people I had seen were good folks a bit like Mayberry on the Andy Griffiths show.
In eight years things drastically changed and I am older and thankfully married to Stephanie. We could get a house in Montgomery and that would be nice but in your dreams you keep walking down to Bandera and the places round about her . There are snakes and fireants and scorpions but the people more than make up for that. There can be a shortage of water.
We have a big God who can do miracles like getting us a house in Tarplay, Utopia, Medina or Bandera or one of the villages round about.
I know two things after searching my heart - 1. I want to spend the rest of my life with Stephanie no matter how long or short that may be. 2. Texas just won't go away .I t has a Siren like quality and I felt safe thinking about it when it did not seem to happen. God has ways of making anything happen
Be practical, think carefully you are getting older and so on .The truth is you only get one life here on earth and it "ain't over till its over." We serve a miracle working God and may be he can let me hang up my Long rifle over the fireplace of a home in the Hill country. I know too that if I got called home first Stephanie would be in the place where her heart is. Being part of a community that cares and where everyone young or elderly contribute. Come lay your bones out in the Hill Country but it would be nice to enjoy life with my most wonderful wife and the scenery of the Texas Hill country for as long as the Lord allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment