Thursday 12 December 2013

I'm here

This has been a hard year for us and for many. Hurt loss pain and economic pressure while politicians seem to spend money like water. People go hungry and many suffered horrors like the Philippines. Terrorism stalks the land under the guise of peace and sometimes you feel like screaming "Is anybody listening ????"
Then at Christmas time we have the reminder that One did listen, that God did care because the angels came to announce "Luke 2v10 Behold I bring you news of great joy which shall be for all the people for unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour which is Christ the Lord .The Son of God is here -Immanuel -God with us. Knowing this and holding to this it is like Jesus saying "I'm here." When Luke my stepson died at 37, it was the reassurance that Jesus is with us that helped us in our tears and what my wife Luke's mother felt I cannot begin to guess, Jesus was saying 'I'm here' and something would happen that would lift us. Even in the midst of  the stupid behaviour of politicians or the scare tactics of terror. Jesus says 'I'm here, peace be still" My God holds His people by love not by fear. I hope you hear his still small voice in your fear or worry or loss ."Peace I 'm here" and somehow He works as only Christ can .Broken hearts take time to mend and while others talk about methods of doing that, the Lord goes ahead and actually does something - sometimes you don't want words just a hug. All our hope centres on Jesus Christ but Christmas tells us "I'm here "and that light of the World that was born in the stable in Bethlehem has come into the darkness and not all the death ,terrorism, fear ,bullying or anything else will ever be able to put it out .Jsus says this Christmas
Don't be afraid I'M HERE ,trust me

No comments:

Post a Comment